Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Diagnostic for the Finance Sector in Bangladesh
This report assesses how Bangladesh is cutting gaps in gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) in financial services and shows how support for women entrepreneurs alongside better technology access can boost sustainable development.
- US$23.00 (paperback)
It explains the rapid growth of Bangladesh’s financial sector, analyzes policies, and explores how the rise of mobile financial services is improving inclusion for women and vulnerable groups. Outlining steps including better access to cheap mobile phones and internet, it shows how increasing credit to women-owned small businesses and targeting insurance products can help mainstream GESI and incorporate it into the design and implementation of ADB-funded projects.
- Context of the Finance Sector in Bangladesh
- Policy Context for Addressing Gender Inequality and Social Inclusion in the Finance Sector
- Key Gender and Social Inclusion Issues and Gaps in the Finance Sector
- Some Good Practices and Lessons Learned
- Looking Ahead: Issues and Opportunities to Consider for Gender Equality and Social Inclusion in ADB Operations