Greater Mekong Subregion Power Trade and Interconnection
This publication is a historical summary of progress made in energy cooperation in the GMS since the beginning of the economic cooperation program in 1992.
It highlights a two-pronged and phased approach to develop the GMS power market to realize the full benefits of synchronous operations - the policy and institutional framework to promote power trade and the physical interconnection to facilitate cross-border power transfers. This publication aims to help stakeholders understand GMS members' efforts in power cooperation and to draw attention to crucial issues on regional power trade.
- GMS Energy Resource Endowment and Power Demand
- GMS Energy Cooperation in Its Initial Years
- Policy and Institutional Framework for Regional Power Trade
- Physical Interconnection for Cross-Border Dispatch of Power
- Coordination with Development Partners
- Working Toward a GMS Power Market