Guidebook on Public–Private Partnership in Hospital Management
SHARE THIS PAGE
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights proclaims that "everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family." The guarantee of good health for its people is therefore every government's aspiration. Public-private partnerships (PPP) in health offer effective and sustainable solutions where the private sector and government can work together to bring long-term benefits to the people.
This publication looks at hospital management as an important component of well-rounded health-care systems. Through PPPs in hospital management, people will have increased access to effective, affordable, and compassionate health care services.
This guidebook offers readers a guide for the development of a PPP in hospital management through six simple, customizable steps as follows:
- Step 1: Determine needs and review the hospital services in the area;
- Step 2: Identify stakeholders and their roles;
- Step 3: Develop an implementation plan for the public-private partnership in hospital management;
- Step 4: Develop a marketing and promotion plan;
- Step 5: Conduct procurement; and
- Step 6: Implement the public-private partnership in hospital management (focusing on monitoring and evaluation).
- Program Overview
- Why This Guidebook?
- Reading Guide
- Developing a Public–Private Partnership in Hospital Management (Overview)
- The Steps in Developing a Public–Private Partnership in Hospital Management