High-Speed Rail Services in Asia
The Asian Journal Special Issue on High-Speed Rail (HSR) Services in Asia provides an overview of the impacts of HSR infrastructure in Asia and explains how investment in HSR brings significant socio-economic changes.
The special issue comprises a compilation of important studies undertaken by researchers at the Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI), Tokyo; the University of Tokyo, Japan and the Asian Institute of Transport Development (AITD), New Delhi, India. It aims to highlight the various aspects attached to the implementation of advanced transport infrastructure. This special issue provides a world-view of experiences from countries that have managed running a successful HSR service and draws messages from the lessons learned by these countries while implementing their HSR service.
This publication has been copublished with the Asian Institute of Transport Development.
- High-Speed Rail and Station Area Development by Shreyas P. Bharule
- Illustrating Spillover Effects of Infrastructure by Naoyuki Yoshino, Nuobu Renzhi and Umid Abidhadjaev
- Modeling Spatiotemporal Urban Spillover Effect of HSR Infrastructure Development by Satoshi Miyazawa, K. E. Seetha Ram and Jetpan Wetwitoo
- Japan: HSR’s Agglomeration Impact by Jetpan Wetwitoo
- Development of HSR in People’s Republic of China by Haixiao Pan and Gao Ya
- HSR Effect on Urban Spatial Correlation: A Big Data Analysis of People’s Republic of China’s Largest Urban Agglomeration by Ji Han
- Japan: Integrated Land Development and Passenger Railway Operation by Fumio Kurosaki
- Spill-Over and Straw Effects of HSR by K. E. Seetha Ram and Shreyas P. Bharule
- High Speed Rail in India: The Stepping Stone to Enhanced Mobility by Anjali Goyal