A History of Financial Management at the Asian Development Bank
This publication shows the evolution of ADB’s financial policies, strategies, practices, and approaches by decade of operations. It also serves as a good introduction to financial management practices in multilateral development banks.
ADB has evolved into a leading development banking institution in the global financial markets during the past half century since it was established. This publication shows how ADB swiftly responded to changing market conditions and provided funds to its developing members at the lowest possible cost. It explains how these practices and products played important roles in shaping ADB’s development mandate, fostered sustainable and steady growth, and paved the way toward an enviable AAA-rating in the capital markets.
- Overview of Current Financial Management Policies and Practices
- The First Decade: 1966–1976
- The Second Decade: 1977–1986
- The Third Decade: 1987–1996
- The Fourth Decade: 1997–2006
- The Fifth Decade: 2007–2015