The Housing Challenge in Emerging Asia: Options and Solutions
The book offers an innovative theoretical framework to conceptualize and analyze various housing policies.
- US$33.00 (paperback)
The Housing Challenge in Emerging Asia: Options and Solutions provides new insights and ideas to best design and implement housing policies aimed at improving access to affordable and adequate housing. The book offers an innovative theoretical framework to conceptualize and analyze various housing policies. It also critically reviews housing policies of various countries and draws lessons for others. The countries studied include advanced economies within and outside Asia, such as Japan, the Republic of Korea, Singapore, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States, as well as emerging countries within Asia, such as the People’s Republic of China and India.
Free to download.
For hard copies, please contact Brookings Institution.
Edited by: Naoyuki Yoshino and Matthias Helble
- Part I: A Theoretical Introduction into Housing Policies
- Chapter 1: A Simple Model of Housing Policies
- Chapter 2: A Simulation of Housing Policies: Numerical Analysis
- Part II: Housing Policies in Advanced Economies
- Chapter 3: Housing Policies in the Republic of Korea
- Chapter 4: Housing Policies in Japan
- Chapter 5: Housing Policies in Singapore
- Chapter 6: Housing Policies in Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States
- Part III: Housing Policies in Emerging Asian Economies
- Chapter 7: Housing Policies in India
- Chapter 8: Housing Policies in the People’s Republic of China and Hong Kong, China