Hue GrEEEn City Action Plan
Viet Nam’s Hue city and Thua Thien Hue province have formulated a vision for integrated, sustainable development and translated it with assistance from ADB into a GrEEEn City Action Plan.
Hue city aspires to become a highly sustainable, world-class tourist destination. Located in Thua Thien Hue province in central Viet Nam, the city has significant historic assets, including the Citadel and the Imperial City.
Hue has taken the GrEEEn Cities approach in achieving its vision, integrating urban development with environmental planning to improve livability and resilience as well as economic opportunities in the city. It has designed a GrEEEn City Action Plan (GCAP) that focuses largely on rehabilitating the Citadel as the city’s unique selling point. New sustainable districts will also be developed in other parts of the city. The following initiatives will be implemented:
- Improve the urban environment.
- Enhance the tourism experience.
- Develop sustainable transportation in the newly expanded Hue city.
About the publication
This publication was prepared under the ADB technical assistance, Green Cities—A Sustainable Urban Future in Southeast Asia.
- Tables and Figures
- Executive Summary
- Business As Usual
- Hue’s Vision for a GrEEEn City
- GrEEEn City Action Plan
- The Role of Partnerships in GCAP Implementation
- Institutional Arrangements for Implementation
- Cumulative Benefits and Economic Justification
- Monitoring and Evaluation