Information and Communication Technology for Agriculture in the People’s Republic of China
This report presents the findings of an assessment on the use of information and communication technology (ICT) to improve food production and distribution in the People’s Republic of China.
The analysis focuses on e-commerce in rural areas of the country and provides policy recommendations to promote the use of ICT in the agricultural supply chain. The report documents the trends in ICT application by farmers and its impact on income and livelihood. It also identifies the major constraints to and enabling factors for such ICT applications.
- Executive Summary
- Applications and policies of information and communication technologies in the People's Republic of China
- Major applications of information and communication technology in marketing and agriculture in the rural areas
- Access to information and communication technology infrastructure based on survey data
- Uses of information and communication technologies in agriculture and e-commerce based on survey data
- Major factors affecting information and communication technology applications in agriculture
- LIkely impacts of information and communication technology's applications in agriculture
- Investment in information and communication technology in agriculture and rural e-commerce
- Conclusion and policy implications