Improving Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene in Schools: A Guide for Practitioners and Policy Makers in Mongolia
This publication provides essential information on the planning, implementation, and management of improved water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) in schools, particularly for small and isolated rural settlements in Mongolia.
Many schools in Mongolia face significant challenges in improving WASH due to physical and demographic conditions. The country’s harsh winters require sustainable WASH facilities that can withstand extended periods of below-freezing temperatures. Information about WASH standards and norms, design and technology options, operation and maintenance, hygiene education approaches, and cost estimation outlined in this publication are useful for national and local administrators, engineers, field practitioners, and policy makers.
- Executive Summary
- Legislation, Standards, and Norms on Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene in Schools
- Planning for Improved Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene in Schools
- Improving and Managing Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene in Schools
- Promoting Hygiene Education
- Conclusion and Recommendations