Inclusive Growth Criteria and Indicators: An Inclusive Growth Index for Diagnosis of Country Progress
The paper constructs a composite inclusive growth index at the country level to measure contribution to inclusive growth. Indicators refer to (i) growth, productive employment, and economic infrastructure; (ii) income poverty and equity (including gender); (iii) human capability dimensions of inclusiveness; and (iv) social protection dimensions of inclusiveness. The methodology is then being applied in case study analysis for Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Uzbekistan. The paper is part of ADB's work on Operationalizing Inclusive Growth. Other studies are on (i) Concepts for Operationalizing Inclusive Growth, (ii) Operationalizing Inclusive Growth in Productive Sectors, and (iii) Operationalizing Inclusive Growth in Projects with Environment as Strategic Development Objective.
- Economic Growth, Productive Employment, and Economic Infrastructure
- Addressing Income Poverty and General Equity
- The Human Capabilities Dimension of Inclusiveness
- The Social Protection Dimensions of Inclusiveness
- Inclusive Growth-Promoting Governance