Indigenous Peoples/Ethnic Minorities and Poverty Reduction: Philippines
This report outlines the problems in defining indigenous peoples, and gives an overview of indigenous peoples in the Philippines.
The law and policy framework is discussed, with a description of the national dimensions of indigenous peoples' poverty. Poverty assessments for the Cordillera and Mindanao are given. Relevant development programs and projects, including ADB's experience in poverty reduction projects in the Philippines, are reviewed.
Elements of a national plan of action for poverty reduction among indigenous peoples in the country are also presented.
- Defining Indigenous Peoples
- The Indigenous Peoples of the Philippines
- The Indigenous Peoples Rights Act
- National Dimensions of Indigenous Peoples - Poverty
- Poverty Assessment: Cordillera Region
- Poverty Assessment: Mindanao Region
- Review of Development Programs and Projects
- Asian Development Bank Experience: The Cordillera
- Conclusions and Recommendations for a Plan of Action
- Bibliography, Endnotes, and Annex