Information and Communication Technologies in Education and Training in Asia and the Pacific
This document emphasizes the importance of information technology as a means to stimulate and foster development in Asia.
ADB recognizes that the need to improve the intergenerational and international transfer of knowledge and skills in the Asia-Pacific region requires the adoption, and possible adaptation, of the new learning technologies that are already widely used in developed countries.
- Preface and Abbreviations
- Why Invest in Information and Communications Technologies in the Education Sector?
- Current Practices and Benefits of Using ICT in Education in Developed Countries
- The Status of ICT in Education and Training in Asia and the Pacific
- ICT Initiatives in ADB Education Projects
- Tools for Formulating ICT Components and Projects in the Education Sector
- ICT and Education-Policy, Strategy, and Further Progress