Infrastructure for Asian Connectivity
This book addresses the prospects and challenges concerning both soft and hard infrastructure development in Asia and provides a framework for achieving Asian connectivity through regional infrastructure cooperation towards a seamless Asia.
This book is a follow-up volume to Infrastructure for a Seamless Asia, the most downloaded book on the ADBI website.
Key topics include:
- demand estimates of national and regional infrastructure in transport, electricity, information and communication technology, and water and sanitation;
- empirical results on the costs and benefits of regional infrastructure for economies and households;
- the impact of infrastructure development on the environment and climate;
- sources and instruments of infrastructure financing;
- best practices and lessons learned from the experiences of the Asian region and other regions; and
- experiences of public-private partnership projects.
This insightful book will serve as a definitive knowledge product for policymakers, academics, private sector experts and infrastructure practitioners interested in the regional and national infrastructure demand, investment and benefits in the region. Concerned officials from private and public sectors, and other experts involved in environmental and natural resources studies will also find this compendium invaluable.
Co-published with Edward Elgar. For orders, please contact Edward Elgar.
Edited by: Biswa Nath Bhattacharyay, Masahiro Kawai, and Rajat M. Nag
- Estimating demand for infrastructure, 2010–2020
- Benefits of infrastructure investment: an empirical analysis
- Socio- economic impact of regional transport infrastructure in the Greater Mekong Subregion
- Socio- economic impacts of regional transport infrastructure in South Asia
- Evaluation of regional infrastructure
- Economic space for transnational infrastructure: gateways, multimodal corridors and special economic zones
- Institutional and policy frameworks for sustainable infrastructure
- Managing regional infrastructure: European Union institutional structures and best practices
- Modes of Asian financial integration: financing infrastructure
- Foreign direct investment in financing regional infrastructure
- Public–private partnerships for regional infrastructure: lessons from the European Union