Infrastructure for Supporting Inclusive Growth and Poverty Reduction in Asia
This publication summarizes the papers and presentations in Workshops on Economics of Infrastructure in a Globalized World, funded by ADB through a regional technical assistance project.
- US$30.00 (paperback)
The discussions at the conferences focused on three themes: (i) the role of infrastructure in supporting inclusive growth and poverty reduction; (ii) the need for appropriate soft infrastructure, including the policy environment and regulatory institutions; and (iii) the potential for public and private partnerships in infrastructure provision. Each theme elaborates the premise that extensive, efficient infrastructure services are essential drivers of economic growth and sustainable poverty reduction.
- Executive Summary
- Infrastructure to Support Inclusive Growth and Poverty Reduction
- Infrastructure and Inclusive Growth
- Soft Infrastructure: Role of Policy and Regulation
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Conclusions and Policy Implications