Climate Change, Coming Soon to a Court Near You: International Climate Change Legal Frameworks
Report 4 explores the Paris Agreement and the international legal framework that supports global and domestic climate action. It highlights the crucial role of judges in holding their governments accountable for their climate pledges.
In 2020, the Paris Agreement is the pinnacle of international law on climate change. It orchestrates global climate action over the coming decades. Countries agreed to limit global warming to well below 2ºC above preindustrial times, closer to 1.5ºC. Humankind will only achieve this temperature goal if we domesticate our international climate commitments.
- Executive Summary
- International Climate Change Legal Framework
- Multilateral Environmental Legal Instruments
- Regional Environmental and Climate Change Instruments
- Rights-Based Instruments
- Key Takeaways
Also in this Series
- Climate Change, Coming Soon to a Court Near You: Report Series Purpose and Introduction to Climate Science
- Climate Change, Coming Soon to a Court Near You: Climate Litigation in Asia and the Pacific and Beyond
- Climate Change, Coming Soon to a Court Near You: National Climate Change Legal Frameworks in Asia and the Pacific