Internet Plus Agriculture: A New Engine for Rural Economic Growth in the People's Republic of China
This publication reviews the practices and policies of Internet Plus agriculture business models in the People’s Republic of China.
This publication reviews the practices and policies of Internet Plus agriculture business models in the People’s Republic of China (PRC). It analyzes the agriculture value chain model, rural e-commerce platform, and Internet Plus agriculture service model. The Internet Plus rural economy is an emerging driver of comprehensive development in the PRC as a new production management and marketing tool for farmers and farmers’ cooperatives. Its potential is seen as a foundation for vitalizing the countryside and key to achieving agricultural modernization.
- Executive Summary
- Overview of the Internet Plus Rural Economy
- Government Support through Policies and Projects
- Development Models of the Internet Plus Rural Economy
- Opportunities and Constraints for Farmers and New Agriculture Operators with Internet
- Main Policy and Institutional Issues
- Recommendations for Policies, Mechanisms, and Investments
- Implications of the Internet Plus Rural Economy for Other Developing Countries
- Conclusion and Way Forward