Internet Plus Agriculture: A New Engine for Rural Economic Growth in the People's Republic of China
Publication | September 2018
This publication reviews the practices and policies of Internet Plus agriculture business models in the People’s Republic of China.
Download(Free : 2 available)
- US$21.00 (paperback)
This publication reviews the practices and policies of Internet Plus agriculture business models in the People’s Republic of China (PRC). It analyzes the agriculture value chain model, rural e-commerce platform, and Internet Plus agriculture service model. The Internet Plus rural economy is an emerging driver of comprehensive development in the PRC as a new production management and marketing tool for farmers and farmers’ cooperatives. Its potential is seen as a foundation for vitalizing the countryside and key to achieving agricultural modernization.
- Executive Summary
- Overview of the Internet Plus Rural Economy
- Government Support through Policies and Projects
- Development Models of the Internet Plus Rural Economy
- Opportunities and Constraints for Farmers and New Agriculture Operators with Internet
- Main Policy and Institutional Issues
- Recommendations for Policies, Mechanisms, and Investments
- Implications of the Internet Plus Rural Economy for Other Developing Countries
- Conclusion and Way Forward