Journal of Greater Mekong Subregion Development Studies - October 2014
This issue of the Journal of Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS) Development Studies features five articles of subregional importance spanning the subjects of free trade areas, tourism, and human trafficking.
This final issue of the Journal of GMS Development Studies marks the culmination of a knowledge product, which over the past 10 years, has served as an effective platform for disseminating the research of scholars and practitioners seeking to understand the challenges and complexities of GMS development.
It was published yearly under the framework of the Phnom Penh Plan for Development Management, a region-wide capacity-building program that supports knowledge products and services.
- Impediments to Growth of the Garment and Food Industries in Cambodia: Exploring Potential Benefits of the ASEAN–People’s Republic of China Free Trade Agreement
- ASEAN–People’s Republic of China Free Trade Area and the Competitiveness of Local Industries: A Case Study of Major Industries in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- The Impacts of the Thailand–Australia Free Trade Agreement and Thailand–New Zealand Closer Economic Partnership on Thai Dairy Import Prices
- Seasonal Pattern and Effects of Shocks on Outbound Tourism from the People’s Republic of China: The Case of Thailand
- An Assessment of the Role of Nongovernment Organizations in Combating Trafficking of Women and Children in Cambodia and Viet Nam