From Kyoto to Paris—Transitioning the Clean Development Mechanism
Publication | October 2021
This publication provides insights on deliberations regarding the Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) transition and implications for Asia and the Pacific, in preparation for the 26th Conference of Parties (COP26).
- US$25.00 (paperback)
This publication aims to increase knowledge and understanding of the CDM transition along with its relevance to economies in the Asia and the Pacific. It is intended to help stakeholders in the region become better prepared to contribute to the finalization of the Article 6 Rulebook and move toward operationalizing Article 6 of the Paris Agreement.
- Executive Summary
- Article 6 of the Paris Agreement
- What and How Much to Transition
- Clean Development Mechanism Transition Discussions Under the Article 6 Negotiations
- Implications Moving Forward
- Host Country Considerations and Challenges in the Context of Clean Development Mechanism Transition
- Appendix: Certified Emission Reductions Transition Options—Subsidiary Body for Scientific and Technological Advice Chair’s Summary, June 2021