Working Together for Development Results: Lessons from ADB and Civil Society Organization Engagement in South Asia
SHARE THIS PAGE
This publication shows how ADB continues to explore new ways to deepen its relationship with civil society organizations (CSOs) and increase the impact of its development projects in South Asia.
Drawing on comprehensive data, it emphasizes how meaningful CSO involvement throughout the lifecycle of a development project helps ensure ADB’s schemes are more organized and better designed to generate positive outcomes. Underlining the value of meaningful CSO engagement, the publication calls for empowering civil society to harness their specialist knowledge and engage them in policy dialogue that can help build a resilient future in Asia and the Pacific.
- Executive Summary
- Introduction and Scope of the Report
- ADB’s Commitment to Engagement with Civil Society Organizations
- Civil Society Organization Engagement in ADB Operations in South Asia, 2015–2021
- Case Studies of Civil Society Organization Engagement in the Project Cycle
- Policy Level
- Lessons and Recommendations