Line of Sight: How Improved Information, Transparency, and Accountability Would Promote the Adequate Resourcing of Health Facilities Across Papua New Guinea
This report analyzes the complexities of health financing in Papua New Guinea with a focus on resource allocation, use, and accountability.
It explores information gaps and transparency issues that undermine health service delivery and outcomes. Recommendations in this report aim to improve health sector governance and capacity, which will ultimately contribute to a more robust and equitable health care system.
- Executive Summary
- Health System Context
- Overview of Health Financing Arrangements
- Selected Health Financing Issues in Focus
- Recommendations: Improving the Line of Sight
- Critical Crosscutting Support Systems and Capacity
- Link between Issues, Recommendations, Government Reforms, and Support
- Appendix: Overview of Subnational Funding Flows