Developing a Local Currency Government Bond Market in an Emerging Economy after COVID-19: Case for the Lao People’s Democratic Republic
SHARE THIS PAGE
This publication explores how a local currency government bond market can strengthen economic recovery from COVID-19. It focuses on the Lao People's Democratic Republic, which faces many challenges shared by other developing countries.
It examines how the Lao PDR can benefit from the experiences of its neighbors in the Asian Bond Markets Initiative and highlights the essential building blocks for developing an efficient government bond market with sound cash and debt management.
- The Function of the Government Bond Market
- Importance of Local Currency Finance for Debt Management and Sustainability
- Necessary Building Blocks and Ecosystems to Develop a Government Bond Market
- Overview of the Lao PDR Government Bond Market
- Essential Building Blocks and Ecosystems to Develop the Lao PDR Government Bond Market