Maldives: Country Effectiveness Country Brief
ADB has provided 17 loan projects to Maldives corresponding to a total approved amount of $101.3 million since 1981.
This country brief summarizes how the partnership of ADB and the Government of Maldives has been instrumental to the development of the country. Since 1981, ADB has provided 17 loan projects to Maldives corresponding to a total approved amount of $101.3 million.
In terms of volume, the transport and communications sector was the largest recipient accounting for 35% of total lending, followed by education at 27%, energy at 21%, and water supply and solid waste management at 13%. All projects completed from 1995 to 2006 had a satisfactory rating. Further, as of 30 June 2007, ADB had approved 56 technical assistance projects, of which 16 were project preparatory and 40 advisory (institutional strengthening and capacity development).
- Selected Country Indicators
- Overview of Country Achievements and Development Challenges
- Volume and Performance of ADB Operations
- Highlights of ADB Results
- Current ADB Portfolio and Assistance Pipeline
- Ownership, Alignment, and Managing for Results in ADB Operations
- ADB's Role in Donor Coordination and Harmonization Initiatives