Potential Exports and Nontariff Barriers to Trade: Maldives National Study
Publication | March 2019
This publication identifies export products from Maldives that are affected by sanitary and phytosanitary measures and technical barriers to trade.
Download(Free : 2 available)
- US$23.00 (paperback)
The trade patterns of Maldives within South Asia, particularly with regard to Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka, were examined and a gap analysis was conducted on relevant legal structures, institutional frameworks, and infrastructure. Specific trade-hindering nontariff measures applied to the potential export products are identified and prioritized recommendations to address them are also proposed.
- Executive Summary
- Pattern of Trade with Other SASEC Countries
- Potential Exports Subject to Nontariff Barriers
- Overview of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Technical Barriers to Trade, and Other Nontariff Measures in Maldives
- Standards, Regulations, and Procedural Obstacles in the SASEC Countries that Impede Import and Export Trade
- Recommendations for Future Actions