Potential Exports and Nontariff Barriers to Trade: Maldives National Study
SHARE THIS PAGE
This publication identifies export products from Maldives that are affected by sanitary and phytosanitary measures and technical barriers to trade.
The trade patterns of Maldives within South Asia, particularly with regard to Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka, were examined and a gap analysis was conducted on relevant legal structures, institutional frameworks, and infrastructure. Specific trade-hindering nontariff measures applied to the potential export products are identified and prioritized recommendations to address them are also proposed.
- Executive Summary
- Pattern of Trade with Other SASEC Countries
- Potential Exports Subject to Nontariff Barriers
- Overview of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Technical Barriers to Trade, and Other Nontariff Measures in Maldives
- Standards, Regulations, and Procedural Obstacles in the SASEC Countries that Impede Import and Export Trade
- Recommendations for Future Actions