Metaguidelines for Water and Climate Change: For practitioners in Asia and the Pacific
The Metaguidelines for Water and Climate Change were developed by the Asia–Pacific Water Forum (APWF) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) in collaboration with the Global Water Partnership (GWP). This publication is a continuation of the APWF Framework Document on Water and Climate Change Adaptation, developed for leaders and policy-makers in Asia and the Pacific in 2012.
That framework document identified five key principles and corresponding actions to address climate change impacts on water and land resources in the region, focusing on what to do and why it should be done. These are:
- Principle 1 – Usable knowledge
- Principle 2 – No regret investment
- Principle 3 – Resilience
- Principle 4 – Mitigation and adaptation
- Principle 5 – Financing
The metaguidelines continue the messages of the framework document by addressing how the recommended actions can be implemented, with a focus on practical solutions illustrated by case studies from the region.
- Principle 1: Usable knowledge
- Principle 2: No regret investment
- Principle 3: Resilience
- Principle 4: Mitigation and adaptation
- Principle 5: Financing
- Annex I: References and additional reading