Mongolia’s Economic Prospects: Resource-Rich and Landlocked between Two Giants
This book examines Mongolia’s recent economic development and outlines reforms that would help the country take advantage of its many opportunities.
Download (Free: 3 available)
Mongolia is a resource-rich country that, despite being landlocked, is well-placed to take advantage of trade with its two giant neighbors. To maximize the country’s potential, the government can improve macroeconomic management, enhance the skill base, and provide hard and soft infrastructure to promote trade and efficient logistics. Governance and institutional reforms are also crucial.
- The Economy: An Overview
- Macroeconomic Management
- Managing the Natural Resource Abundance
- Economic Diversification Beyond Mining
- International Dimensions of National Development: Trade, Foreign Direct Investment, and Labor Migration
- Infrastructure and Connectivity
- The Business Climate: Institutions and Governance
- Living Standards, Labor Market, and Social Development