Mumbai Metro Transforming Transport: Contributing Toward an Equitable, Safer, and Cleaner City
This book discusses the paradigm shift and benefits that the Mumbai Metro can bring in the public transportation scenario for millions of people in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region.
Mumbai is the financial capital of India and one of the world's most densely populated cities. The Mumbai Metro will provide equal access for all to a modern, comfortable, and high-quality daily commuting transport option. It will feature safety designs (especially for the vulnerable sectors), ease traffic congestion, and reduce vehicular emissions, thereby contributing toward making Mumbai a more equitable, safer, and cleaner city.
- Executive Summary
- Transporting through Mumbai’s History
- Breathing New Life into the City
- Contributing toward an Equitable City
- Contributing toward a Safer City
- Contributing toward a Cleaner City
- Financial Sustainability
- Lessons from Other Metro Systems
- Public Transportation in the COVID-19 Era