Myanmar Transport Sector Policy Note: Road Safety
SHARE THIS PAGE
Myanmar is at a critical point in terms of road safety. In 2014, road-related deaths reached 4,300, which is twice as many as in 2009. Substantial and decisive action is needed, including early funding, to start building effective management arrangements. This is essential if Myanmar is to develop the knowledge to undertake the necessary interventions.
Government action is recommended for the road safety management issues below:
- soft and hard infrastructure;
- human resources;
- know-how and expertise;
- the creation of necessary mindsets and cultures;
- consolidated collaboration among the government, citizens, and other stakeholders; and
- the rule of law and enforcement of the law.
About the Transport Sector Policy Note
The Myanmar Transport Sector Policy Note is composed of a series of 9 reports, and a Summary for Decision Makers.
- Executive Summary
- Road Safety Situation
- Road Safety Management Institutions
- Road Safety: Managing for Results
- Improving Road Safety Performance
- Next Steps