Climate Change, Coming Soon to a Court Near You: National Climate Change Legal Frameworks in Asia and the Pacific
Publication | December 2020
Report 3 provides holistic syntheses of the climate legal and policy frameworks of 32 countries in Asia and the Pacific and discusses key legislative trends and climate-relevant constitutional rights.
Download(Free : 2 available)
- US$53.00 (paperback)
National legal and policy frameworks underpin international climate action because they are the backbone of domestic responses to the climate emergency. Unless they support global objectives, local climate action stalls. Concerned by sluggish national responses to climate change or injured by its affects, citizens are filing lawsuits, making courts central to national climate governance. To adjudicate these lawsuits, courts require current information about their climate change legal and policy frameworks.
- Executive Summary
- Trends in Climate Laws and Policies in Asia and the Pacific
- Comparative Constitutional Survey
- South Asia Legal Frameworks
- Southeast Asia and People's Republic of China’s Legal Frameworks
- The Pacific Countries Legal Frameworks
Also in this Series
- Climate Change, Coming Soon to a Court Near You: Climate Litigation in Asia and the Pacific and Beyond
- Climate Change, Coming Soon to a Court Near You: International Climate Change Legal Frameworks
- Climate Change, Coming Soon to a Court Near You: Report Series Purpose and Introduction to Climate Science