National Single Window: Guidance Note
Publication | May 2022
This note provides information on planning and implementing electronic national single window systems to support efficient compliance with international trade regulations.
Download(Free : 2 available)
- US$23.00 (paperback)
A national single window enables trade and transport stakeholders to provide information to multiple government agencies through one platform to meet import, export, and transit requirements efficiently. Processing international trade through a single window reduces cargo release time and the cost of doing business, increases competitiveness and efficiency, and improves the way business is done. The guidance note explores why such a system matters, key governance and design components, international interoperability, good practices, and risk mitigation.
- Executive Summary
- Understanding the National Single Window
- Why Implement the National Single Window?
- Governance and Road Map for Designing the National Single Window
- Implications of National Single Window Interoperability
- Good Practice and Risk Mitigation
- Appendix: National Single Window Implementation by ADB Members