Potential Exports and Nontariff Barriers to Trade: Nepal National Study
It focuses on sanitary and phytosanitary measures and technical barriers to trade, and identifies export products that have potential for an increased market share in Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, and Sri Lanka. It also examines the regulatory environment and demonstrates the need to upgrade quality standards and laboratory equipment, and strengthen accrediting and assessment bodies. The publication recommends how the public and private sectors can overcome these barriers.
- Executive Summary
- Pattern of Trade with Other SASEC Countries
- Identification of Products with Export Potential from Nepal to Other SASEC Countries
- Overview of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures and Technical Barriers to Trade in Nepal
- Standards, Regulations, and Procedural Obstacles That Impede Trade in SASEC Countries
- Prioritized Recommendations for Action