Addressing Nutrition Security in Urban India through Multisectoral Action
SHARE THIS PAGE
This paper provides available evidence-based data on urban nutrition in India and explores practical multisectoral interventions that can contribute to ADB's support for the implementation of the country's National Urban Health Mission.
It describes malnutrition’s impact on health and nonhealth sectors, identifies key determinants, and offers specific solutions according to the local contexts in various urban areas. The recommendations go beyond examining the health sector and take into account water supply, sanitation, sociocultural factors, food supply, and other issues affecting urban nutrition in India.
- Objective and Methodology
- Global Knowledge on Addressing Malnutrition
- Why Urban Nutrition?
- Special Factors that Warrant a Different Approach in Urban Areas
- Determinants of Malnutrition in Urban Populations
- India’s Response to Urban Undernutrition
- Proposed Way Forward for Multisectoral Nutrition Interventions under the National Urban Health Mission