One Year of Living with COVID-19: An Assessment of How ADB Members Fought the Pandemic in 2020
Using the ADB COVID-19 Policy Database, this report examines how ADB members have dealt with the pandemic. It includes information on the amounts of the packages announced by ADB members during 2020 to combat the effects of COVID-19.
The report analyzes the specific measures taken, classified into liquidity support, credit creation, long-term lending, equity support, and health and income support. The analysis focuses on the financial statement effects of a given measure, in particular: (i) who, if anyone, bears the financial burden of the measure and in what form?; and (ii) does the measure create more debt or more income (e.g., net worth or equity, other things being equal) for the recipients?
- Introduction: COVID-19 and Its Impact
- The ADB COVID-19 Policy Database
- What Did Economies Do to Fight the COVID-19 Pandemic in 2020?
- Quantitative and Qualitative Comparison of Packages for Selected Asian Countries
- A Statistical Analysis of the Size of the Packages
- How "Monetization" Really Works—Examples from Countries' Policy Responses to COVID-19
- An Analysis of Changes in Sectoral Balances and Private Sector Financial Positions in 2020