Overcoming COVID-19 in Bhutan: Lessons from Coping with the Pandemic in a Tourism-Dependent Economy
SHARE THIS PAGE
This publication assesses the Government of Bhutan’s financial relief measures for the most affected people, as well as programs and other interventions to address the impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
The strategic thrust of interventions for the sector is based on striking the right balance between the immediate need to engage the economically displaced while simultaneously initiating major reforms and investments for a sustainable reopening.
- Objective and Structure
- Socioeconomic Impacts
- Immediate Interventions: Proactive and Decisive Public Health Responses
- Socioeconomic Interventions: The Comprehensive National Response to COVID-19
- Special Focus: Strengthening Tourism for Recovery and Resilience
- Economic Contingency Plan: Tourism Resilience
- Tourism Reforms
- Domestic Tourism Offers Some Respite
- Bubble Tourism