Strengthening Oxygen Systems in Asia and the Pacific: Guidance Note
SHARE THIS PAGE
This guidance note provides a comprehensive overview of medical oxygen production, distribution, and use in Asia and the Pacific region, and explores how to improve systems over the medium and long term.
It explains why surges in medical oxygen demand due to the COVID-19 pandemic have exacerbated deficiencies in oxygen systems. It highlights how greater coordination among stakeholders to plan and procure oxygen on a larger scale, improve equipment, and better train staff can dramatically benefit health systems and improve patient care.
- Executive Summary
- Introduction and Purpose
- Impact and Urgency of Improving Oxygen Systems
- Key Features of Oxygen Systems
- Clinical Use of Oxygen and Pulse Oximetry
- Oxygen Production, Storage, and Distribution
Also in this Series
- Strengthening Regional Cooperation and Integration for a New Era of Collective Action: Proceedings of the 2022 Regional Cooperation and Integration Conference
- Facilitating Trade in Vaccines and Essential Medical Supplies: Guidance Note
- Fostering Regional Cooperation and Integration for Recovery and Resilience: Guidance Note