Pakistan: Reviving Growth through Competitiveness
This country diagnostic examines constraints to Pakistan achieving strong, sustained, and inclusive growth and proposes key sector reforms to boost the country’s economic competitiveness.
A number of factors are holding back Pakistan from achieving strong, sustained, and inclusive growth. The report recommends reforms and investments to diversify exports, strengthen the business environment, enhance access to and the quality of education and health services, and improve urban planning processes. The report is based on a study jointly conducted by the Asian Development Bank and Islamic Development Bank.
- Pakistan Country Diagnostic Study: Highlights
- Understanding the Episodic Growth Performance
- Identifying Critical Constraints
- Trade Performance: Challenges and Opportunities
- Foreign Direct Investment and Mobilizing Domestic Savings: Financing Sustainable Development
- Reforming the Power Sector
- Nurturing Human Capital Development in the Education and Health Systems
- Harnessing the Economic Potential of Urbanization
- Concluding Remarks