The Business of Greening: Policy Measures for Green Business Development in Asia
This publication examines the enormous potential for scaling up green business development in Asia and the Pacific.
It reviews green markets, technologies, and practices with a focus on developing Asian countries and offers a set of policy options to enable governments and finance institutions to accelerate green business development in the region. Direct command-and-control measures and indirect market-based instruments targeted at both large and small firms are also included. The analysis suggests that advancing green businesses is a win–win for all stakeholders, but requires mobilizing vast resources of private capital and innovative management approaches.
- Executive Summary
- A Brief Review of Green Business
- Green Business Approaches for Natural Capital
- Green Technology Innovation
- Private Sector Green Finance
- Public Funds and "Blended Finance"
- Market-based Approaches for Green Business
- Skills Training for Smooth Transitions
- Informational Approaches for Green Business