The Business of Greening: Policy Measures for Green Business Development in Asia
It reviews green markets, technologies, and practices with a focus on developing Asian countries and offers a set of policy options to enable governments and finance institutions to accelerate green business development in the region. Direct command-and-control measures and indirect market-based instruments targeted at both large and small firms are also included. The analysis suggests that advancing green businesses is a win–win for all stakeholders, but requires mobilizing vast resources of private capital and innovative management approaches.
- Executive Summary
- A Brief Review of Green Business
- Green Business Approaches for Natural Capital
- Green Technology Innovation
- Private Sector Green Finance
- Public Funds and "Blended Finance"
- Market-based Approaches for Green Business
- Skills Training for Smooth Transitions
- Informational Approaches for Green Business