Poverty in the Philippines: Income, Assets, and Access
This book examines official income poverty statistics and trends, but then takes a more multidimensional approach in exploring questions of access.
The report looks at access by the poor to five important assets: human, physical, natural, social, and financial capital. The framework is built on the sustainable livelihoods approach, where vulnerability is a central concept.
- Executive Summary
- Revisiting the Poverty Problem
- Analytical Framework
- Income Poverty and Inequality in the Philippines
- Assets and Access Poverty
- Achieving the MDGS in the Philippines
- Causes of Poverty in the Philippines
- Government Poverty Reduction Programs
- Appendix 1: Poverty Measurement in the Philippines
- Appendix 2: The ADB-GOP Poverty Partnership Agreement
- Appendix 3: Participant List
- Appendix 4: References