Proceedings of the Third South Asia Judicial Roundtable on Environmental Justice for Sustainable Green Development
This publication documents the proceedings of the Third South Asia Judicial Roundtable on Environmental Justice for Sustainable Green Development, held on the 8th and 9th of August 2014 in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
- US$24.00 (paperback)
Building on work and the discussions of the previous roundtables, key themes discussed in Colombo include judicial training and capacity enhancement, regional integration and cooperation, enhancing the efficacy of the judicial system for environmental justice, and the application of Alternative Dispute Resolution methods. In addition, the event tackled specific issues relating to urban development, natural capital, gender, community forest management, and tourism. The roundtable culminated in the adoption of the Colombo Action Plan consisting of concrete steps and measures toward the development of environmental rule of law.
- Executive Summary
- Inaugural Session
- Day 1, Session 1: Country Presentations
- Day 1, Session 2: Taking Stock: Where we are on Environmental Justice
- Day 2, Session 1: Environment and Development
- Day 2, Session 2: Developments in Environmental Adjudication
- Day 2, Session 3: Moving Forward—Breakout Sessions on the Colombo Action Plan
- Final Session: Way Forward