Promoting Inclusive Education in Mongolia
This paper explores inclusive education for children with disabilities in Mongolia in line with the global commitment captured in SDG 4, based on data from a 2019 survey of more than 5,000 households in Ulaanbaatar, and 4 provinces.
Children with disabilities suffer disproportionately from the learning crisis. Sustainable Development Goal 4 calls for ensuring inclusive and equitable education and promoting lifelong learning opportunities for all. Mongolia has developed a strong legal and policy framework for inclusive education aligned with international best practice, but implementation and capacity are lagging. The conclusion presents recommendations for government and education sector development partners.
- Introduction: Disability, Poverty, and Education in Mongolia
- Types of Disability, Access to Education, and Causes of Dropouts
- The Legal and Policy Framework for Inclusive Education in Mongolia
- Constructing Mongolian Indicators of Inclusive Education
- Conclusions and Recommendations for Strengthening Inclusive Education in Mongolia