Promoting Logistics Development in Rural Areas
SHARE THIS PAGE
This study looks at the rapidly changing rural landscape in the People's Republic of China and how the private and public sectors can improve and promote logistics development.
Logistics plays an important role in agricultural production and supply-chain management, ultimately enhancing food safety and quality. Improvements in rural logistics help farmers to harvest and market crops more efficiently; and by facilitating communication, they serve to expand the markets for agricultural products. While recognizing the rapidly changing rural landscape in the People’s Republic of China, the distribution of goods is still impeded, and the quality of services poor. This study is part of the Asian Development Bank’s initiative to support and promote the development of the agriculture sector and establish efficient rural–urban synergies. Read how the private and public sectors can improve and promote logistics development in rural areas.
- Executive Summary
- Overview of Rural Logistics in the People’s Republic of China
- Rural-Logistics Institutional Framework and Policy Development
- in the People’s Republic of China
- Information Technology and Rural Logistics
- International Experiences in Rural Logistics Development
- Recommendations for Improving Rural Logistics