Regional Exchange on Good Practice of Environmental Safeguard Management: Workshop Proceedings
Good environmental safeguard practices from thirty-two case studies documenting environmental management of ADB funded projects in Central and West Asia were shared with executing and implementing agencies during two workshops in 2015.
- US$18.00 (Hardcopy)
Environmentally sustainable and inclusive growth is critically dependent upon environmental safeguards to prevent, reduce, or compensate for environmental impacts caused development projects. Good practice in environmental safeguard management during project implementation is necessary to ensure successful implementation of environmental management plans.
The Workshop on Regional Exchange on Good Practice of Environmental Safeguards Management in Issyk-Kul, Kyrgyz Republic was held from 3 to 7 August 2015 and was attended by participants representing government environmental authorities and executing and implementing agencies for ADB projects in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.
Participants representing government environmental authorities, executing and implementing agencies for ADB projects in Afghanistan and Pakistan, as well as construction contractors and supervision consultants attended the Workshop on Regional Exchange on Good Practice of Environmental Safeguards Management in Lahore, Pakistan from 28 to 30 July 2015.
- Workshop Objectives and Participation
- Issyk-Kul Workshop Proceedings
- Lahore Workshop Proceedings
- Results and Lessons
- 43333-012: Improving the Implementation of Environmental Safeguards in Central and West Asia
- 48109-001: Sustainable Environmental Management of Projects in Central and West Asia
- Project document: Regional Exchange of Good Practice on Environmental Safeguard Management - Supplementary Appendix
- More on environment