Realizing Education for All in the Digital Age
Education is a key driver for sustainable and inclusive development. The global community is determined to ensure that all human beings can fulfill their potential in dignity and equality; to protect the planet so that it can support the needs of the present and future generations; to ensure that all human beings can enjoy prosperous and fulfilling lives; and to foster peaceful, just, and inclusive societies. However, education now faces two broad challenges: to extend the availability of high-quality education to all in line with the Sustainable Development Goals and to equip people to deal with the rapid technological changes in the Digital Age that are affecting the demand for skills, the nature of work, and the global allocation of employment.
Under Japan’s presidency of the Group of Twenty (G20), in order to guide G20 policy discussions, the Think20 (T20) has addressed a broad range of education issues under the direction of two of its task forces: “2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (Task Force 1)” and “The Future of Work and Education for the Digital Age (Task Force 7).”
The education issues addressed by the two task forces are closely related. Accordingly, this book collects nine Policy Briefs drawn from the work of these two task forces. These Policy Briefs provide insightful recommendations, and we trust that they will help guide the discussions among the G20 leaders and their partners and inspire global and national actions.
- About the T20
- Transforming Education towards Equitable Quality Education to Achieve the SDGs by Shinichiro Tanaka, Shimpei Taguchi, Kazuhiro Yoshida, Alejandra Cardini, Nobuko Kayashima, and Hiromichi Morishita
- Early Childhood Development Education and Care: The Future Is What We Build Today by Mathias Urban, Alejandra Cardini, Jennifer Guevara, Lynette Okengo, and Rita Flórez Romero
- Developing National Agendas in Order to Achieve Gender Equality in Education (SDG 4) by Natasha Ridge, Susan Kippels, Alejandra Cardini, and Joannes Paulus Yimbesalu
- Measuring Transformational Pedagogies across G20 Countries to Achieve Breakthrough Learning: The Case for Collaboration by David Istance, Anthony Mackay, and Rebecca Winthrop
- Teacher Professional Skills: Key Strategies to Advance in Better Learning Opportunities in Latin America by Javier D. González, Dante C. Castillo, Claudia Costin, and Alejandra Cardini
- The Need to Promote Digital Financial Literacy for the Digital Age by Peter J. Morgan, Bihong Huang, and Long Q. Trinh
- Lifelong Learning and Education Policies to Capture Digital Gains by Cyn-Young Park
- Rethinking Pathways to Employment: Technical and Vocational Training for the Digital Age by Romina Bandura and Paul Grainger
- Bridging the Gap Between Digital Skills and Employability for Vulnerable Populations by Angela C. Lyons, Alessia Zucchetti, Josephine Kass-Hanna, and Cristóbal Cobo