Reducing Inequality in the People’s Republic of China through Tax and Fiscal Reforms
SHARE THIS PAGE
This paper analyzes the drivers of inequality in the People's Republic of China and identifies needed reforms in the tax system and central–local government fiscal relations to reduce inequality by enhancing redistribution mechanisms.
Taking into account recent changes to the tax system and fiscal relations, the paper offers policy recommendations to reduce inequality by strengthening redistribution mechanisms.
- Inequality in the People's Republic of China
- Tax Reforms to Reduce Inequality
- Reforming Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations
- Summary of Recommendations
Also in this Series
- Human Settlements in Mongolia: Strengthening Strategic Cities and Towns for Sustainable Territorial Development
- Impact of Nontariff Measures and Border Crossing Time and Costs: The Case of Perishable Goods Trade in the Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Region
- Elderly Care System Development in Yichang, People’s Republic of China