Reducing Inequality in the People’s Republic of China through Tax and Fiscal Reforms
This paper analyzes the drivers of inequality in the People's Republic of China and identifies needed reforms in the tax system and central–local government fiscal relations to reduce inequality by enhancing redistribution mechanisms.
Taking into account recent changes to the tax system and fiscal relations, the paper offers policy recommendations to reduce inequality by strengthening redistribution mechanisms.
- Inequality in the People's Republic of China
- Tax Reforms to Reduce Inequality
- Reforming Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations
- Summary of Recommendations
Also in this Series
- Creating a Successful New City Development Within a City Cluster: Global Knowledge and Insights for Xiong’an in the People’s Republic of China
- From Pandemic to Greater Resilience: Enhancing Disaster Risk Financing in the People’s Republic of China
- Approaches to Eradicate Absolute Poverty in Guangdong Province, the People’s Republic of China