Accelerating Regional Cooperation and Integration in Asia and the Pacific: 2017 Conference Highlights
This conference report explores opportunities and challenges for accelerating regional cooperation and integration (RCI) in Asia and the Pacific.
RCI is vital for Asia and the Pacific’s development. It plays a critical role in accelerating economic growth, reducing poverty and economic disparity, raising productivity and employment, and strengthening institutions. For the Asian Development Bank, fostering RCI is a cornerstone of its support to its developing member countries and helps amplify the impact of its other investments. The report focuses on economic corridors, emerging RCI initiatives, cooperation for financial stability and resilience, and regional public goods.
- Regional Cooperation and Integration Week
- Conference Program
- Conference Highlights: Keynote Address by ADB President Takehiko Nakao
- Day 1
- Session 1: Strategic Planning Framework of Economic Corridors (Joint ADB, DFID, JICA, and WB Report on Economic Corridors)
- Session 2: Economic Corridors and Development Impact in Middle-Income Countries
- Session 3: Subregional Economic Corridors
- Session 4: Developing New Cross-Border Economic Zones and Economic Corridors
- Closing Remarks for Day 1
- Day 2
- Session 1: Emerging RCI Initiatives
- Session 2: Regional Cooperation for Financial Stability and Resilience
- Closing Remarks for Day 2