Results of the Methodological Studies for Agricultural and Rural Statistics
This report summarizes outcomes of collaboration between ADB and implementing agencies of Bhutan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, the Philippines, and Viet Nam to address gaps in the production of agricultural and rural statistics.
This compendium of six research papers is a component of ADB’s Regional Policy and Advisory Technical Assistance 8029 that was implemented as a contribution to the Global Strategy to Improve Agricultural and Rural Statistics for enhanced food security in Asia and the Pacific. It is hoped that this will assist governments of countries participating in this project in addressing existing gaps in the production of agricultural and rural statistics. The report is also important in setting future directions for the improvement of agricultural and rural statistics, not only for the countries represented in the publication but also for others in the region.
- Study I: Examining the Available Data Sources for Agriculture Statistics in Bhutan
- Study II: Comparative Analysis of the Socioeconomic and Demographic Characteristics of Rural and Urban Households, Bhutan Living Standards Survey, 2003, 2007, and 2012
- Study III: Examining the Existing Agriculture Data Sources in Lao PDR
- Study IV: Improving Administrative Reporting System for Agriculture in Lao PDR
- Study V: Adoption of Agricultural Land Information System in the Philippines (ALIS)
for Agricultural Area Estimation
- Study VI: Designing a Livestock Production Probability Survey in Viet Nam