Road Map for Developing an Online Platform to Trade Nonperforming Loans in Asia and the Pacific
Publication | October 2022
This report examines the feasibility of establishing an electronic marketplace for trading nonperforming loans (NPLs) in Asia and the Pacific and explains how this would benefit financial stability in the region.
Download(Free : 2 available)
- US$26.00 (paperback)
A sharp increase in NPLs could threaten to destabilize financial systems in the region and compromise post-pandemic economic recovery. The report explains how trading distressed assets may help relieve pressure on banks to ensure they have the capacity to continue financial intermediation. Designed to serve as a road map, it assesses the region’s demand and readiness for an NPL platform, details the benefits it could offer, and explains how it could ultimately help countries improve their financial stability.
- Executive Summary
- Overview of Nonperforming Loan Markets in Asia
- Methodological Approach
- Criteria for Assessment of Identified Economies’ Capacity for Nonperforming Loan Trading
- Feasibility for Nonperforming Loan Trading
- Practical Considerations in Developing a Nonperforming Loan Platform
- Appendix: List of Partners in the Conduct of Interviews and Survey