Safety and Intelligent Transport Systems Development in the People’s Republic of China
Government and industry—particularly the automobile industry—are the key stakeholders to realizing the deployment of mobile-communication-based cooperative intelligent transport systems (C-ITS).
- US$25.00 (paperback)
This report identifies factors which contribute to collisions that can be addressed by intelligent transport systems technologies in the People’s Republic of China. It examines opportunities for establishing a policy framework for the development and implementation of C-ITS using connected vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-road-infrastructure technologies. Some C-ITS applications identified and relevant to the People’s Republic of China are cooperative hazard warning systems and enhanced driver awareness and control.
- Executive Summary
- Identification of Most Relevant Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems
- Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems Infrastructure
- Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems Stakeholders for Services in the People's Republic of China
- Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems Operations
- Conclusions and Recommendations