SASEC Vision – Myanmar
This publication identifies regional and subregional opportunities for Myanmar to harness natural and human resources, industrial potential, and infrastructure connectivity as part of the South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation program.
It updates the Vision document of the South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation (SASEC) program since Myanmar joined as the seventh official member in February 2017. Geographically sharing borders with the giant economies of India and the People’s Republic of China, Myanmar serves as a land bridge between southern, southeastern, and eastern Asia. Myanmar’s rich natural endowments, including oil and natural gas, and large and young labor force are also strategic advantages for regional cooperation and inclusive and sustainable growth.
- Introductory Note
- Myanmar in SASEC: A Wealth of Opportunities
- Areas of Opportunity
- Trade in Rice
- Trade in Pulses and Beans
- Trade in Fishery Products
- Textiles and Garments
- Accessing Technology for a Digital Economy
- Maritime Transport Links in the Bay of Bengal
- The Role of Transport and Trade Facilitation