Primer on Social Bonds and Recent Developments in Asia
Publication | February 2021
This publication explains how social bond market development in Asia can support an inclusive and sustainable recovery from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
- US$22.00 (paperback)
Social bonds are designed to raise proceeds for projects with positive social outcomes. The publication serves as a primer on how social bonds can facilitate more inclusive development and help in Asia’s recovery from COVID-19. It also identifies potential solutions to overcome salient barriers to social bond market development in the region.
- Executive Summary
- Introduction—An Opportunity for Financial Innovation
- Historical and Market Context
- Sustainable Finance—Taxonomy, Guidelines, and Principles
- Urgent Need for a Robust Social Bond Market in Asia
- Social Bonds—Current Market Profile
- Social Bond Market Participants
- Global Social Bond Market Characteristics
- Asian Social Bond Market Characteristics
- Overcoming Obstacles to Social Bond Market Growth in Asia
- The Way Forward