The Social Protection Indicator for the Pacific: Tracking Developments in Social Protection
SHARE THIS PAGE
This report presents an analysis of 2018 social protection data from the Asian Development Bank’s 14 Pacific developing member countries.
It uses the bank’s Social Protection Indicator to assess the level of resources invested in social protection, the extent of coverage, and the benefit levels of social protection programs. Further data disaggregation provides the distribution of social protection expenditures in relation to poverty, gender, and people with disabilities. The report identifies measures adopted in response to the coronavirus disease pandemic and outlines future directions for social protection in the Pacific region.
- Executive Summary
- Overview and Methodology
- Expenditure on Social Protection in the Pacific Region
- Social Protection Indicator Breadth, Depth, and Distributional Dimensions
- Social Protection for People with Disabilities
- COVID-19: Socioeconomic Impacts and Social Protection Responses in the Pacific
- Future Directions for Social Protection in the Pacific